Board of Governors (BOG) Fee Waiver Application

The BOG waives the full amount of enrollment fees (currently $46) for California residents attending community college. When you receive a BOG, there will still be a small balance of additional mandatory fees that must be paid by midnight of the day you register.

You may be eligible for the BOG even if you are not eligible for other types of aid. We highly encourage you to apply for the BOG by completing a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). AB 540 students may apply by submitting the California Dream Act Application instead of FAFSA, or by completing the BOG fee waiver application.

If you use the BOG Fee Waiver application, please attach your/your parent’s federal tax return to the application and bring it to the Financial Aid Office at Crafton.

  • The BOG waiver is not a cash award
  • The BOG does not have to be paid back!
  • You must apply for the BOG once each academic school year. (One application covers Fall, Spring, and Summer.)

The BOG Fee Waiver offers three ways for you to qualify to have your enrollment fees waived:

  • Method "A" -- (Documentation is required.) -- You (or your parents, if you are a dependent) must be currently receiving TANF (Temporary Aid For Needy Families), SSI (Supplemental Security Income) or General Assistance/General Relief through the county Social Services Department.
  • Method "B" -- (Documentation is required) -- You (and your parents, if you are a dependent) do not exceed the income standards.
  • Method "C" -- You have filed the Free Application for Federal Student Aid, FAFSA, listing Crafton Hills College (Federal School Code 009272), and have unmet financial need.

           2019-20 California College Promise Grant Income Thresholds

Covers:  Fall '19, Spring '20, Summer '20

Family Size 2017 Base Year Income

1 $18,210

2 $24,690

3 $31,170

4 $37,650

5 $44,130

6 $50,610

7 $57,090

8 $63,570

Each additional Family Member Add $6,480

If I paid for my classes already, will I get reimbursed if I apply for the fee waiver?

Yes, but you must apply for a refund in the Financial Aid Office before the deadline. Please check Dates and Deadlines for important deadlines each semester.