CA Promise Grant Fee Waiver (BOG)
The CA Promise Grant waives the full amount of enrollment fees (currently $46) for California residents attending community college. When you receive a Promise Grant fee waiver, there will still be a small balance of additional mandatory fees that must be paid by midnight of the day you register.
You may be eligible even if you are not eligible for other types of aid. We highly encourage you to apply for the CA Promise Grant waiver by completing a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). AB 540 students may apply by submitting the California Dream Act Application instead of FAFSA, or by completing the CA Promise Grant fee waiver application.
If you use the CA Promise Grant fee waiver application, please attach your/your parent’s federal tax return to the application and submit it to the Financial Aid Office at Crafton.
- The CA Promise Grant waiver is not a cash award
- You must apply for the CA Promise Grant once each academic school year. (One application covers Fall, Spring, and Summer.)
The CA Promise Grant waiver offers three ways for you to qualify to have your enrollment fees waived:
- Method "A" -- (Documentation is required.) -- You (or your parents, if you are a dependent) must be currently receiving TANF (Temporary Aid For Needy Families), SSI (Supplemental Security Income) or General Assistance/General Relief through the county Social Services Department.
- Method "B" -- (Documentation is required) -- You (and your parents, if you are a dependent) do not exceed the income standards.
- Method "C" -- You have filed the Free Application for Federal Student Aid, FAFSA, listing Crafton Hills College (Federal School Code 009272), and have unmet financial need.
2020-21 California College Promise Grant Income Thresholds
Covers: Fall '20, Spring '21, Summer '21
Family Size 2018 Base Year Income
Each additional Family Member Add $6,630
If I paid for my classes already, will I get reimbursed if I apply for the fee waiver?
Yes, but you must apply for a refund in the Financial Aid Office before the deadline. Please check Dates and Deadlines for important deadlines each semester.