What is a Support Group? Why should you join a Support Group?
- It's a great personal growth opportunity
- Improves emotional & mental health/wellness
- Wonderful source of encouragement, community and support
- Fosters a strong sense of “I’m not alone in my situation”
Benefits of participating in a support group may include:
- Feeling less lonely, isolated or judged
- Reducing distress, depression, anxiety or fatigue
- Talking openly and honestly about your feelings
- Improving skills to cope with challenges
- Staying motivated to manage chronic conditions or stick to a wellness routine
- Gaining a sense of empowerment, control or hope
- Improving understanding of a mental/emotional struggle and your own experience with it
Health and Wellness Support Groups
Stress Less Group Spring 2021
“Stress Less Support Group” Mondays 5-6 pm. starting February 8
- Learning and managing the sources of your stress
- Healthy perception to manage anxiety
- Understanding generalized anxiety
- Cultivating happiness
- Locus of Control: Taking charge of your life
- Effective communication
- And lots more!
Support Groups: Make Connections, Get Help (from Mayo Clinic)
- Support groups bring together people who are going through or have gone through similar experiences. For example, this common ground might be stress, generalized anxiety, addiction, bereavement or caregiving.
- A support group provides an opportunity for people to share personal experiences and feelings, coping strategies, or firsthand information about mental/emotional struggles or treatments.
- Participating in a group provides you with an opportunity to be with people who are likely to have a common purpose and likely to understand one another.
Sign Up for a Group
For further information, or to sign up, email David Franco at email@example.com