Interested in getting a LAEP job to conduct research during the academic year?
The Learning Aligned Employment Program (LAEP) is funded by the California Student Aid Commission to support students with financial need. LAEP provides funds to participating public postsecondary educational costs while gaining career-related experience in their fields of study. LAEP allows a participating student to conduct research that relates to the student's area of study, career objective, or the exploration of career objectives.
You will be hired as a Student Research worker - and will be paid to conduct research with Faculty at Crafton Hills College.
- Underrepresented student*
- Eligible to work in the United States
- California resident
- Meet financial aid Satisfactory Academic Progress requirements
- Demonstrate financial need
- Be in good academic standing with your school and major
- Enrolled at least half-time as undergraduate student
* "Underrepresented" students include first generation college students, low-income students, students who are current or former foster youth, homeless students, or those at risk of becoming homeless, students with disabilities, displaced workers, students with dependent children, formerly incarcerated students, undocumented students, students meeting the requirements of AB 540, and veterans.
Student Worker-Research Assistant, LAEP Scholar Program
Under the supervision of a regular faculty/staff, or manager conducting the research project, the Student Research Assistant is responsible for assisting the faculty, staff, or manager in a variety of non-administrative tasks which may include preparing resources, equipment, materials for the research, documenting results, etc. in support of the research activities.
The Research principle (supervising faculty/staff) who determines the research goals to assist in the preparation for and achievement of the research goals which may include the following and/or other duties specific to the research objectives:
- Assist with research and collecting data through complex techniques and procedures, library research, or other project specific methodology.
- Assist with the interpretation, synthesizes, and analyzes data.
- Assisting with scheduling, organizing, and reporting on status of research activities.
- Aid in the planning and modifying research techniques, procedures, tests, equipment, or software management.
- Assist with writing and editing materials for publication and presentation.
- Meet with faculty, staff, manager supervisor on regular basis to maintain ongoing communication regarding the quality of the assistant’s performance.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Ability to work independently, accurately, and to problem solve technical and methodological issues that arise during the research.
- Ability to learn new software and research techniques as needed.
- Subject knowledge and oral/written communication skills to discuss and document research progress.
- Ability to apply sound research techniques, methodology and logical critical analysis.
- Strong organization and interpersonal skills.
- Student must be enrolled in a minimum of 6 units.
- Must have completed at least 12 units at CHC, have a major declared, and a minimum 2.0 GPA
- Must complete a tb test at time of employment.
- Dates of Employment: Fall Semester 2023
- General flexible hours not to exceed 20 hours per week
- Main Location: Crafton Hills College
- One year commitment to the program
Questions? Contact us:
- Pedro Chabolla | LAEP Coordinator
- (909) 389-3407
- Transfer & Career Center | CCR 220 | Second Floor of Crafton Center