The Professional Development Committee reports to the Crafton Council and relies on research and evidence based decision making to inform professional development activities that encourage collaboration and conversations to promote equity driven inclusive practices. The PDC completes this work by focusing on:
- Working with campus group representatives, such as unions, Senates, special projects, and other participatory governance committees, to create and foster a broad array of Professional Development activities that focus on equity driven inclusive practices
- Engaging with faculty and staff from all areas to support professional development that addresses student needs (e.g.: career and academic pathways, educational planning, instructional support, etc.)
- Collaborating with research to develop, collect, and review data from a variety of surveys and assessments
- Developing, planning, scheduling, promoting, and facilitating Flex and In-Service activities
- Building activities that help people to realize their individual and collective aspirations, raise the quality of their reflection and conversation, and hone their conceptualizations of the larger system in which their work is situated
- Promoting learning opportunities with other institutions, organizations, and professional networks that fulfill our mission as a community college
- Reviewing and recommending approval of funding requests for professional development materials, workshops, and conferences
Members of the committee also serve as the college’s Flex Advisory Committee, which views flex reports submitted by flex-eligible full-time faculty. The Professional Development Committee meets twice per month.
Faculty, Classified staff, Management, and Students are represented on the committee.
Term: Two Year (for appointees)
1st and 3rd Friday, 12 noon - 1:30 p.m.
Location: Zoom (during remote and online learning)