Do these characteristics describe you?
- I enjoy helping people learn, grow, or heal.
- I like to teach, counsel, and train
- I enjoy learning about different cultures.
- I am interested in learning about human habits, actions, and intentions.
- I like identifying ways to help people with illnesses or emotional challenges.
- I am empathetic, insightful, inquisitive, or an intellectual
- I like to problem solve and support the wellbeing of others while making connections between individuals or groups
- I am good at working with people and data
- I want to learn how to analyze information about people and the ways they live and behave
- Social Worker
- Counselor (clinical, substance abuse, academic)
- Marriage and Family Therapist
- Teaching (Preschool, K-12, College)
- Mental Health Coordinator
- Policy Advocate
- Research Analyst
Transfer, Degrees, and Certificates in Society, Behavior and Culture
Academic Program Reward Types
- Associates Degree
Students who successfully complete the requirements for graduation, including all locally approved major prep work, general education requirements, and a minimum of 60 units of degree applicable work, may be awarded either an Associate of Arts (AA) or an Associate of Science (AS) degree. Generally, STEM and career technical education based majors qualify as AS degrees, whereas all other areas are classified as AA degrees. Refer to the individual program pages for each degree’s classification.
- Associate Degree for Transfer (ADT)
Students who successfully complete the requirements for graduation, including all approved transfer model curriculum requirements with a “C” grade or higher, general education and transfer requirements associated with an approved transfer pattern, and a minimum of 60 units of CSU transferable work with a minimum 2.0 overall GPA, may be awarded either an Associate in Arts for Transfer (AA-T) or an Associate in Science for Transfer (AS-T) degree. STEM and career technical education based majors are classified as AS-Ts, whereas all other areas are classified as AA-Ts. Refer to the individual program pages for each degree’s classification.
- Locally-Approved Certificate
Students who successfully complete the requirements set by locally approved, low unit programs may be issued a certificate denoting their completion. Certificate programs do not require the completion of a general education pattern. These programs are not approved to appear as awards on official college transcripts, and paper certificates that are awarded may not be available for reproduction if lost or damaged. Please contact the department of Career Technical Education for additional details.
- Certificate of Achievement
Students who successfully complete the requirements of selected programs approved by the California Community Colleges’ Chancellor’s Office, may receive a Certificates of Achievement that will appear on their official college transcript. Certificate of Achievement programs do not require the completion of a general education pattern.
American Sign Language (Cert, AS)
Anthropology (AA, AA-T)
Art History (AA-T)
Child Development (AA)
Early Childhood Education (AS-T)
Geography (AS, AA-T)
History (AA, AA-T)
Humanities (Multidisciplinary AA)
Liberal Studies – Teacher Prep. (Multidisciplinary AA)
Master Teacher (Cert)
Philosophy (AA, AA-T)
Political Science (AA, AA-T)
Psychology (AA, AA-T)
Religious Studies (AA)
Site Supervisor (Cert)
Social Science (Multidisciplinary AA)
Sociology (AA, AA-T)
Spanish (AA, AA-T)