Application Due Dates for 2018
Fall 2018 application is due March 2, 2018
Spring 2019 application is due August 31, 2018
Applicants should download, fill out and turn in their applications to our department secretary before their respected deadline.
*Before applying to the program, please make sure you have applied to Crafton Hills College.
Applicants are required to pass an entrance exam for Anatomy and Physiology and EMT before officially being accepted into the program. We have placed study guides here: Anatomy and Physiology and EMT.
Space in the program is reserved for the number allotted in each class. Students retain their spaces in courses throughout the program. If they follow the regular curricular progression (successful completion of each course in sequence).
Crafton Hills College Paramedic Program does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status.
Applicants should plan to apply 3-6 months in advance to when they intend to start the program.
Get information about financial aid.
Experimental learning in a variety of professional settings is encouraged prior to applying for the Paramedic Program. However, no course credit or advanced placement will be given for prior life or work experience.
- A current California EMT-Basic card issued by the State of California
- Current CPR certification card
- Written documentation, on original company or agency letterhead, of completion of six months full-time or 1,000 hours of part-time experience as an EMT-Basic, paid or volunteer, prior to the application deadline. This documentation will usually come from your employer(s) or previous employer(s), and should be signed by an operations supervisor or manager, training officer, fire captain or fire chief.
- A copy of a high school diploma or GED. If you do not have a copy of your diploma, an official transcript showing your graduation date from high school will be accepted.
- Official, sealed transcripts showing successful completion of transferable Anatomy and Physiology course(s). The course must meet transfer requirements for either the CSU or UC system. It can be a single semester or two-semester course, but must cover BOTH the anatomy and physiology of the entire human body and MUST INCLUDE A LAB SECTION. If you are enrolled in an A & P course at the time you submit your application, we will accept a registration print-out or unofficial transcripts as proof of enrollment; however, you must submit official transcripts showing successful completion of the A & P course with a “C” or better prior to the start of the program. You can find a list of all transferable A & P courses here.
- Completion of the Pre-Entrance Medical Clearance Form within the last six months. This form must be completed and signed by a physician.
- All vaccinations on the attached sheet of Vaccination Requirements must be completed. Strictly follow the timelines. Your vaccinations will NOT be acceptable to our clinical providers if they do not match the required timelines.
- If you have any questions regarding medical testing / records, please contact Kathy
Crow 909-389-3220 or the EMS Department Secretary at 909-389-3252.
Timeline for the Program
Class 90 Instruction begins Thursday, January 11, 2018
Class 89 begins the Clinical portion of their internship on Wednesday, January 8, 2018
Application due for Fall on Friday, March 2, 2018 for Class 91 before 4pm.
Written testing is held March 26th, 27th, 28th, and 29th.
|April||Optional Review for Oral Judgment is held on Tuesday, April 17th and Friday, April 20th.|
Oral Judgment is held Friday, May 4th, 2017
Final Selection for Class 92 is made on Friday, May 18th, 2018
|August||Class 90 begins Instruction in August|
Application due Friday, August 31, 2018 for Class 92 by 4pm.
Written testing is held September 24th, 25th, 26th, and 27th, 2017
Optional review for Oral Judgment is held on Tuesday, October 16th and Friday, October 20th, 2018
Oral judgment is held on Friday, November 2nd, 2018
Final Selection for Class 92 will be Friday, November 16th, 2018