Veterans Services FAQ - Crafton Hills College
Skip to main content

This page is evolving, so please check back regularly. If you have questions, thoughts, or ideas, please reach out to us at 

Frequently Asked Questions

All students are encouraged to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and contact the Crafton Hills College Financial Aid Office to determine eligibility.

YES, if you plan on continuing to use your GI Bill® benefits for the next term, you must notify the V.A. Certifying official. You will be required to complete a Request for V.A. Benefits form. This form must be submitted each semester, after enrolling in your courses, if you plan to utilize your benefits.

Additional information can be found on the Getting Started Using GI Bill® Benefits - Continuing Students page.

Yes. In order to maintain the benefits, you MUST be in courses that are directly related to your objective or degree. You must maintain a current V.A. Education Plan with the veterans academic counselor and provide a copy to the V.A. Certifying Official in the Admissions & Records Office.

Chapters 35 benefit recipients will receive a check mailed to the home address or post office box on file with the V.A. All other chapters may elect to receive monies via direct deposit. To setup direct deposit, call 1-888-442-4551. If a bank account is not available the V.A. will mail a check to the home address or post office box on file with the V.A.

The Veterans Certifying Official will keep the Veterans Administration apprised of your status. However, it is imperative that you notify our office of any changes in your enrollment status, address, major, objective etc. in a timely manner. You may do so by visiting the Veterans Resource Center office, contacting us by telephone 909-389-3396 or by email at

Additional information can be found on the Getting Started Using GI Bill® Benefits page.

You will be contacted by mail to determine whether your “F” is due to a lack of attendance or the inability to complete the coursework up to passing standards. If the “F” was given for attendance reasons, you will be required to notify the Crafton Hills College Veterans Services personnel of your last date of attendance which will be reported to the Veterans Administration. This may result in an over-payment.

Students are urged to take advantage of tutorial assistance as soon as academic difficulties begin.

Note: You may not claim benefits for a course in which you have received two substandard grades.


GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at