Know Your Rights
Do Not Open Doors
ICE cannot come in without a signed warrant by a criminal judge. They can only come in if YOU let them.
ICE can use anything you say against you in your immigration case so claim your right to remain silent. You can say, "I plead the fifth amendment and choose to remain silent."
Do Not Sign
Don't sign anything ICE gives you without talking to an attorney.
Report and Record
Take pictures and video unless you are on federal government property. Take note of badge numbers, number of agents, time, type of car, and exactly what happened
- Informed Immigrant
- American Civil Liberties Union
- Red Cards
- All people in the United States, regardless of immigration status, have certain rights and protections under the U.S. Constitution. The ILRCs Red Cards help people assert their rights and defend themselves in many situations
- United We Dream
- United We Dream has great resources that let you Know Your Power and has a Stay Network that allies can join to stay up-to-date with the latest changes. United We Dream manages and runs the MigraWatch Hotline: 1-844-363-1423 to report ICE and CBP activity
- Family Preparedness Plan
- Hope for the best but plan for the worst. This document will guide you through creating a plan in the event a caregiver is removed from your home.
- National Immigration Law Center
- One of the leading organizations in the US exclusively dedicated to defending and advancing the rights of immigrants with low income.
- LA County Office of Immigrant Affairs
- The mission of the Los Angeles County Office of Immigrant Affairs is to advance the well-being of all immigrants in the county of Los Angeles
- Legal Center is a lifeline for immigrants and their families in California's Inland Empire and Coachella Valley.
- Find Your Ally
- Free immigration legal services and case support for students, staff, and faculty on California community college campuses statewide or virtually