What is Starfish?
Starfish Solutions is a retention solution program that helps to create an online student success environment, facilitating programs such as counseling and advising, tutoring, mentoring, and others–with the aim of improving student success and retention. See a summary and explanation of workflow here.
Some of the features of Starfish include:
- Viewing support networks for your courses
- Receiving early alerts for academic concerns and praise for a job well done
- Getting electronic referrals and other messages
- Viewing and following academic plans
- Signing up online for appointments with course instructors, counselors and advisors
- and Faculty can submit progress reports in real time and connect students to appropriate campus offices
How to Access Starfish
Once students log into Starfish it is strongly recommended that they update their profile with a picture and review/update their email address and phone number to ensure accuracy. Students can also select the small cell phone icon in their profile to receive text alerts (regular messaging and data rates may apply).
Fall 2018 Progress Survey Dates and Deadlines
Information coming soon.
Fall 2018 Open Labs and One-on-Ones
Monthly Starfish Summary Newsletters
- May 2018 - Spring 2018 Data and System Product Enhancement Requests
- April 2018 - Do you use Starfish? Why or why not survey data
- March 2018 - Fall and Partial Spring Usage Data
- February 2018 - Spring Progress Surveys are Open
- January 2018 - Starfih and Canvas Integration: What it means for you
- December 2017 - Fall Semester Summary
- November 2017 - Starfish and Canvas Integration Coming Soon
- October 2017 - First Progress Survey Hiccups and Changes
- September 2017 - Product Enhancement Requests
- August 2017 - Introducing your faculty training leads
- May 2017 - Pilot Survey Results Summary
- April 2017 - Tips, Pros, Cons, and Suggestions
- March 2017 - What's working; What's not
Spring 2017 Pilot Survey Results
Questions about Starfish?
Counseling and Student Support Staff- contact Robert McAtee at firstname.lastname@example.org
Instructional Faculty- contact one of the following faculty members for assistance:
Breanna Andrews email@example.com
Jonathan Anderson firstname.lastname@example.org
Ed Papp email@example.com