What is Starfish?
Starfish Solutions is a retention solution program that helps to create an online student success environment, facilitating programs such as counseling and advising, tutoring, mentoring, and others–with the aim of improving student success and retention. See a summary and explanation of workflow here.
Some of the features of Starfish include:
- Viewing support networks for your courses
- Receiving early alerts for academic concerns and praise for a job well done
- Getting electronic referrals and other messages
- Viewing and following academic plans
- Signing up online for appointments with course instructors, counselors and advisors
- and Faculty can submit progress reports in real time and connect students to appropriate campus offices
How to Access Starfish
Once students log into Starfish it is strongly recommended that they update their profile with a picture and review/update their email address and phone number to ensure accuracy. Students can also select the small cell phone icon in their profile to receive text alerts (regular messaging and data rates may apply).
2021-2022 Progress Survey Dates and Deadlines
- 5 week session progress reports will open during the third week of classes:
- Aug. 30-Sept. 3… Oct. 11-15… Nov. 29-Dec. 3… Jan 31-Feb 4… March 14-18… May 2-6
- 8 week session progress reports will open during the fourth and fifth week of classes:
- Sept. 6-17… Nov. 8-19… Feb. 7-18… April 18-29
- 13/15/17 week classes will open during the middle months (October and March plus a little more):
- Sept 27-Oct 29 ... Feb 28- April 1
- Respiratory Program: full month of October and March
- October 1- November 1 ... March 1-April 1
* If you need any assistance in completing your report, please contact StarfishFaculty@craftonhills.edu
2021-2022 Open Labs and One-on-Ones
Monthly Starfish Summary Newsletters
- December 2021 - Coming soon
- October 2021 - Pros and Cons of the "Missing Assignments" Pilot Flag
- August 2021 - Pilot our new flag: Missing Assignments in Canvas
- May 2021 - Faculty Usage Survey: Progress Reports and Auto Flags
- April 2021 - Starfish Registration Tool
- March 2021 - Degree Planner Annual Review (data)
- February 2021 - New Semester House Keeping
- January 2021 - Sign up for Auto Flags
- December 2020 - Fall 2020 User Data (first full term in a pandemic)
- November 2020 - New Flag and Referral for Students Requesting Assistance in Access to Technology
- October 2020 - Oh No! I submitted a progress report before I was finished...
- September 2020 - The Importance of Completing Progress Reports in Starfish
- August 2020 - Sink or Swim? Let Starfish Help with Automatic Flags
- May 2020 - Counseling and Student Services User Survey Results
- April 2020 - Our one year to date Starfish Degree Planner Data
- March 2020 - How Can Starfish Help You During The Pandemic!
- February 2020 - "Select All" button that really selects all!
- January 2020 - Signing up for Automatic Flags
- Spring 2021 Faculty Usage Survey - Progress Reports and Auto Flags
- Spring 2020 Counseling and Student Services User Survey Results
- Fall 2019 Student Success Data (Spring 2020 In-Service Presentation)
- Spring 2019 Faculty User Survey Results
- Spring 2018 Usage Survey Results
- 2017-2018 Starfish Data for Promising Practices Application
- Spring 2017 Pilot Survey Results from Faculty
- Spring 2017 Pilot Survey Results from Students
Questions about Starfish?
Early Alert and Communication Tool