What is Starfish?
Starfish Solutions is a retention solution program that helps to create an online student success environment, facilitating programs such as counseling and advising, tutoring, mentoring, and others–with the aim of improving student success and retention. See a summary and explanation of workflow here.
Some of the features of Starfish include:
- Viewing support networks for your courses
- Receiving early alerts for academic concerns and praise for a job well done
- Getting electronic referrals and other messages
- Viewing and following academic plans
- Signing up online for appointments with course instructors, counselors and advisors
- and Faculty can submit progress reports in real time and connect students to appropriate campus offices
How to Access Starfish
Once students log into Starfish it is strongly recommended that they update their profile with a picture and review/update their email address and phone number to ensure accuracy. Students can also select the small cell phone icon in their profile to receive text alerts (regular messaging and data rates may apply).
Fall 2020 Progress Survey Dates and Deadlines
- 5 week classes: August 31-September 4 … October 12-16 … November 30-December 4
- 8 week classes: September 7-18 ... November 9-20
- 13/15/17 week classes: full month of October
- Respiratory Program: full month of October
* If you need any assistance in completing your report, please contact StarfishFaculty@craftonhills.edu
Fall 2020 Open Labs and One-on-Ones
Monthly Starfish Summary Newsletters
- May 2020 - Counseling and Student Services User Survey Results
- April 2020 - Our one year to date Starfish Degree Planner Data
- March 2020 - How Can Starfish Help You During The Pandemic!
- February 2020 - "Select All" button that really selects all!
- January 2020 - Signing up for Automatic Flags
- December 2019 - Three Year User Data Comparison
- November 2019 - Feature Highlight: Filter Students by Major
- October 2019 - Progress Report Data
- September 2019 - Feature Highlight: Services
- August 2019 - New Progress Report are Coming Soon!
- May 2019 - Faculty Survey Statements and Semester Usage Data
- April 2019 - New Updates to the Starfish Progress Reports are coming this Summer!
- March 2019 - Starfish Accessibility Updates
- February 2019 - Degree Planner is Up and Running
- January 2019 - Hobsons Roadmap for Starfish. A CCC Collaboration
- December 2018 - Fall Semester Usage Data
- November 2018 - Coming Soon! New Student Education Planner
- October 2018 - 2017-2018 Starfish and Student Success Data Highlights
- September 2018 - You can now Filter Students by Major in Starfish
- August 2018 - New Starfish User Interface
- May 2018 - Spring 2018 Data and System Product Enhancement Requests
- April 2018 - Do you use Starfish? Why or why not survey data
- March 2018 - Fall and Partial Spring Usage Data
- February 2018 - Spring Progress Surveys are Open
- January 2018 - Starfish and Canvas Integration: What it means for you
- December 2017 - Fall Semester Summary
- November 2017 - Starfish and Canvas Integration Coming Soon
- October 2017 - First Progress Survey Hiccups and Changes
- September 2017 - Product Enhancement Requests
- August 2017 - Introducing your faculty training leads
- May 2017 - Pilot Survey Results Summary
- April 2017 - Tips, Pros, Cons, and Suggestions
- March 2017 - What's working; What's not
- Spring 2020 Counseling and Student Services User Survey Results
- Fall 2019 Student Success Data (Spring 2020 In-Service Presentation)
- Spring 2019 Faculty User Survey Results
- Spring 2018 Usage Survey Results
- 2017-2018 Starfish Data for Promising Practices Application
- Spring 2017 Pilot Survey Results from Faculty
- Spring 2017 Pilot Survey Results from Students
Questions about Starfish?
Early Alert and Communication Tool