Duties and Responsibilities of the Advisory BoardThe Advisory Board is a group of persons who are chosen from the communities of interest to advise educators regarding an educational program. Committee members should provide advice and support to the program through regular attendance at scheduled meetings and participation in program issues throughout the year.
Specific functions of the Advisory Board are to assist the program personnel in the following
- Bridge the gap between the program and the community.
- Encourage up-to-date and relevant educational processes.
- Determine the need for a particular level of program in the community.
- Review curriculum
- Facilitate the acquisition of necessary equipment, textbooks and related library and audio-visual materials.
- Market the program.
- Locate qualified faculty.
- Job placement of graduates.
- Review of any changes to program goals, outcomes, and instructional effectiveness.
- Review substantive changes.
- Promote community service by Respiratory Care students.
- Ensure availability of appropriate clinical resources.
- Accreditation process