Graduation Requirements - Crafton Hills College
Skip to main content

Students have several options for choosing a degree at CHC. For those wishing to complete their college experience at Crafton, there are discipline-specific and multidisciplinary degrees which build competency in a particular field. Students who choose these degree options will need to fulfill CHC’s general education requirements option 1 or option 2. For students who plan to transfer, particular courses need to be completed to meet the four-year college’s requirements. Both the CSUs and UCs have their own sets of general education requirements, which are described in their respective sections. Major preparation courses also differ depending on the college and the program.


The Board of Trustees, upon recommendation of the President and faculty of the college, is authorized to confer the Associate of Arts (AA), the Associate of Science degrees (AS), Associate in Arts for Transfer (AA-T) and Associate in Science for Transfer (AS-T). The requirements for graduation with any degree represent both minimum state requirements and the firm commitment of Crafton Hills College to the principles of general education. Requirements are designed to develop the full potential of each student, broaden his or her outlook and provide the basis for exemplary citizenship.

Catalog Rights

Each new academic year begins with the fall semester. If a student enrolls during a summer session, he or she has catalog rights in effect for the previous academic year.

Continuous Enrollment and Graduation

Degree and certificate requirements may change from one academic year to the next. Students have the right to graduate under the terms of any single catalog that is published while in continuous enrollment at Crafton Hills College. In the event that the required course(s) has/have been discontinued, students may petition for course substitution. For more information, make an appointment with a counselor.

Continuous enrollment is defined as attendance in at least one transcribed course during a fall or spring semester within an academic year.

Readmission and Graduation

Students who have had a break in enrollment at Crafton Hills College of one academic year or more, may choose to meet the graduation and/or certificate requirements in effect at the time of their readmission or any single catalog published thereafter, while in continuous enrollment.

Incoming Students Who Attended Other Institutions

Students attending Crafton Hills College who have attended other colleges and universities may choose to meet the graduation requirements in effect at the time of their first enrollment at Crafton Hills College or any single catalog thereafter, while in continuous enrollment.

See the Course Requirements for specific majors in the College Catalog.

See a list of current Majors / Academic Programs.

If you have questions about your progress toward an A.A. / A.S. degree, please contact the Counseling Department to make an appointment to see an academic counselor.