What Was and Will Forever Be
Why choose this program?To know where we are and where we are yet to go, we look back at where we have already been. Our curriculum examines the history of the world, U.S., California, religion, culture, art, economics, literature, politics and a variety of other topics and developments that have shaped our world and lives.
What will I experience?
- Analyze the effect of multiple factors or "causes" in historical events and developments
- Examine the actions or inaction that may have influenced an historical outcome
- Discuss how physical, social, cultural, technological and economic factors have impacted history
- Learn how history informs us about human nature
- Debate the certainty and facts about specific historical events
What opportunities might it lead to?
An associate of arts in history degree prepares you for jobs in research and analysis working in government, education, the media, public relations, film and publishing, or at a variety of institutions, including libraries. It is also the foundation for four-year college studies in history or a related field.
Explore Careers and Opportunities
“I am willing to fix my mistakes. I am no longer satisfied with being average.” – Patrick M. Overlie, History 2014
History courses are offered during the Summer 2023 semester.
History courses are offered during the Spring 2023 semester.
History courses are offered during the Fall 2023 semester.
Please see the College Catalog for additional information and requirements.