Why choose this program?The science of kinesiology is the foundation for understanding human movement – which muscles are involved, how they move and how they interact. The study of how our body moves – from psychological, biological, and physiological perspectives – is not only appropriate for athletes, but also for students pursuing a career as a sports therapist or doctor, coach, physical education teacher, sports scientist or fitness consultant.
What will I experience?
- Engage in courses and activities that promote health through physical activity.
- Improve your overall physical fitness and well being through aerobic conditioning, total body fitness, resistance and weight training, walking, hiking, swimming and various other sports.
- Build strength and endurance; reduce stress and anxiety.
- Learn to assess cardiorespiratory fitness, muscular strength, muscular endurance, flexibility, body composition, blood pressure, health history, and dietary intake.
- Take classes in our new fitness center
What opportunities might it lead to?
An education in kinesiology can lead to a career as a physical therapist, coach, fitness trainer or dance instructor. It is also the foundation for four-year college studies in allied health fields, such as physical therapy, occupational therapy, physician assistant, exercise physiology, biomechanics, sport psychology, nutrition, and human growth and motor development.
Career opportunities include:
- Athletic trainer
- Coach at school or college
- Dance instructor
- Exercise physiologist
- Fitness instructor
- Massage therapist
- Personal trainer
- Physical education instructor
- Physical therapist
- Recreational therapist
- Strength and conditioning coach
Explore Careers and Opportunities
No Physics courses are offered during the Summer 2021 semester.
Physics courses are offered during the Fall 2021 semester.
No Physical Education courses are offered during the Summer 2021 semester.
No Physical Education courses are offered during the Fall 2021 semester.
Please see the College Catalog for additional information and requirements.