The Educational Technology Committee is authorized by the Academic Senate to develop and recommend policies for CHC eLearning. Reviews and makes revision recommendations for the Intro to online learning course(s) (CHC 062), as well as the process by which online instructors and courses are evaluated. The committee reviews and approves eLearning instructors and courses.
The committee reviews the success of the eLearning program and makes recommendations for professional development to address identified deficiencies. Makes recommendations for the CHC eLearning portal. Develops recommendations related to the continued growth of the college’s eLearning program to instructional support services, student services and the curriculum committee. Conducts an annual review and make revision recommendations for the CHC Distance Education (DE) plan to ensure compliance with state and national DE standards, regulations, and guidelines.
- Voting Members: Faculty members as appointed by the Academic Senate, including the CHC Distance Education Coordinator, one faculty member from Student Services and one from Instructional Support (one member will also serve as the ETC representative to the Curriculum Committee).
- Non-voting members: Vice President, Instruction or designee, Vice President of Student Services or designee, a representative from Technology Services and a representative from TESS.
2017-2018 Voting Members
- Denise Allen-Hoyt
- Brandi Bailes (DE Co-Coordinator and ETC Co-Chair)
- Kelly Boebinger
- T.L. Brink
- Jeff Cervantez (DE Co-Coordinator and ETC Co-Chair)
- Cheryl DiBartolo
- Catherine Hendrickson
- Robert McAtee
- Snezana Petrovic
- Racquel Schoenfeld
- Margaret Yau
- 2nd and 4th Wednesday, 1 to 2:30 p.m
- Location: CNTL 119