Behavior Intervention Team
The Behavioral intervention Team (BIT) promotes the health and safety of our students, faculty and staff by providing an environment where individuals are free to work and learn in a safe and supportive environment. The Behavioral Intervention Team responds to non-immediate concerns and takes a proactive approach to discuss potential issues, intervene early, and provide support and behavioral response to students displaying behaviors of concern before they rise to the level of crisis.
The Team serves as a central network focused on caring prevention and early intervention for students experiencing serious distress or engaging in harmful or disruptive behaviors. The BIT will assess and assist students who exhibit behaviors of concern and intervene appropriately.
What We Do:
- Receive information about students of concern and discuss concerning behaviors.
- Determine an appropriate, individualized intervention plan for each student.
- Intervene and connect students with needed resources.
- Coordinate follow-up and monitoring of student status; ensure that services and resources are deployed effectively.
- Provide consultation, support, and timely response to faculty and staff.
- Maintain appropriate levels of confidentiality and handle matters with professional discretion.