California Virtual Campus
What is Califorina Virtual Campus?
The California Virtual Campus (CVC) is a collaborative effort among the 114 community colleges in California to provide online access to courses and resources. It serves as a gateway to the online education offered by the colleges and universities in California. The CVC provides a platform for students to search and enroll in online courses, access student support services, and connect with faculty and peers. The CVC is a valuable resource for students who need flexible scheduling or who live far from campus, as well as for faculty who wish to offer online instruction.
How it Works
1 Search for Online Courses
Find online courses at California Community Colleges other than your Home College.
2 Select your Online Courses
Review online course information, share, and save for later.
3 Register for Courses Online
Complete your online course registration and finish your general education requirements faster.
Everything You Need to Succeed!
As a CVC Exchange student, you will be in our system with two email addresses. The one you use primarily for your coursework through Canvas will be your home college email. Your instructor may utilize tools within our system and that information would be emailed to your SBCCD (CHC) student email.
- You will access your Crafton Hills College course through your home college Canvas account.
- Once logged in, you will see your CHC course in the course navigation.
- While you are in your CHC course in Canvas, you have access to the online resources
below through the CHC Portal:
- Online tutoring
- Online library access
- Course textbook information
- Canvas Help
- Help with technology tools for learning
- If you need help with course/educational planning, connect with a counselor at your home college.
- If you need assistance accessing online services, contact the Online Answer/Welcome Center, or call (909) 794-2161.
- Visit Admissions & Records for contact information and office hours.
- If you have questions about your residency status at Crafton Hills College or believe there to be an error, contact your home school for more information.
If you receive academic accommodations (i.e., adjustments, auxiliary aids, or services) from the Disabled Students Programs & Services office at your home college, those services do not automatically transfer to Crafton Hills College courses. If you need an accommodation for your course, contact Student Accessability Services to apply. Please identify yourself as a CVC Exchange Student.
If you have been approved for or are eligible for federal financial aid at your home college, please contact the Financial Aid Office at your home college.
As a teaching school, students may still be eligible for a fee waiver. Most students qualify by applying for the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) or Dream Act. More information can be found on the Financial Aid webpages.
- To complete their fee payment process, the majority of students utilize the CVC portal. However, certain college-related fees may apply in some situations. To confirm the balance owed and make payments, students can conveniently access the student portal online.
We look forward to supporting your success this semester!