At Crafton Hills College
Applications for Fall 2019 are now closed. Please check back in October 2019 for Fall 2020.
The SBCCD Free Promise Program is for new high school graduates starting with the Class of 2019.
The Free College Promise provides the funding to allow you to be a full-time college student to:
- Earn an associate degree from Crafton Hills College or San Bernardino Valley College
- Transfer to a four-year university like a UC or Cal State
- Get a career training certificate
Our Promise to you:
- 2 years free tuition
- Free textbooks
- Free access to a laptop
- $300 cash for college expenses
- Priority class registration to help you finish college in two years
- Individual student support and college advising
- Opportunity for paid work experience
Your Promise to us:
- Enroll and complete at least 12 units per semester at Crafton Hills College
- Attend the College Promise Summer Bridge program at Crafton Hills College
- Participate in College Promise Program activities such as workshops and events
- Complete College Promise Program requirements including:
- Complete a comprehensive Student Educational Plan
- Meet with a counselor regularly during the year
We give priority to high school graduates from:
- Bear Valley Unified School District
- Colton Joint Unified School District
- Redlands Unified School District
- Rialto Unified School District
- Rim of the World Unified School District
- San Bernardino City Unified School District
- Yucaipa-Calimesa Unified School District
Ready to Get Started?
Follow these steps:
- Stay on track to get your high school diploma
- Tell us you are interested in the Promise Program by completing the intent form at www.freecollegepromise.com
- Complete the California Community College Application at www.craftonhills.edu/apply. You will receive your Crafton Hills College Student ID# after you apply.
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Help with the application is available at the Financial Aid Office. Please contact them at 909-389-3240 for assistance or more information. If you applied and did not enter the school code, login to your account and add it. Crafton Hills College’s code is 009272.
- Check your email often. We will send you instructions with the next steps to enter Crafton Hills College and participate in the program
After you have completed the initial steps listed above, you will need to complete the following additional processes to receive your final acceptance to the College Promise Program at Crafton Hills College:
- Complete the Promise Application.
- Complete the Online Orientation. You must log onto WebAdvisor to complete the online orientation.
- Complete Assessment. Please visit the Assessment calendar for available dates and times.
- Complete New Student Advisement. Contact the counseling office at 909-389-3366 to schedule your appointment for advisement.
- Send a copy of your SAR (Student Aid Report) or CAR (California Aid Report) to CHCCollegepromise@sbccd.edu. You should have received this in an email after you submitted your FAFSA or Dream Act Application from either the US Department of Education (if you applied through FAFSA) or the California Student Aid Commission (if you applied through the Dream Act).
- Open your Financial Aid File - Visit Crafton’s financial aid office in person with picture identification to open your file.
Once you have completed all the steps above you will be notified of your acceptance into the program by email.
If you have any questions please feel free to contact us at 909-389-3366 or at CHCCollegePromise@sbccd.edu