Preparing for Summer & Fall 2021: COVID-19 Update
Dear students, faculty, and staff,
Your health and wellbeing continue to be our top priority. And as we enter one year since our battle against COVID-19 began, we want to inform you about our plans for the 2021 summer and fall academic terms.
San Bernardino Community College District, including Crafton Hills College and San Bernardino Valley College, will continue online and distance education courses for the 2021 summer and fall terms.
Here is what you need to know:
- Health & Safety: Remaining off-campus, for now, reduces the risk of widespread infection while many of our adult students wait their turn to receive the COVID-19 vaccine.
- Access to COVID-19 Vaccine: Currently, vaccine supply is limited, and most college students have likely not had a chance to get it yet. We look forward to learning more about The White House's plan to increase COVID-19 vaccine access to all adults. Locally, vaccine distribution is supervised by the San Bernardino County and Riverside County public health departments. Vaccine information is available at sbcovid19.com and rivcoph.org/coronavirus.
- In-Person Courses: Some courses and labs will continue to be held in-person for students training for careers considered essential by the State of California.
- Graduation: The graduation ceremony for the Class of 2021 will be virtual. We are working now to make this day meaningful for our graduates and their families.
- Employees: Most employees will also continue working remotely through Fall 2021. We continue on Phase B-1 of SBCCD's Return to the Workplace Plan.
We are here for you:
- Emergency Grants for Students: We offer emergency financial aid grants to help eligible students affected by the COVID-19 pandemic. Let us help you. Emergency grants will available around April. Contact your financial aid office at Crafton Hills College or San Bernardino Valley College to understand your options.
- Prepare to Graduate, Transfer, or Gain New Career Skills: Don't pause your education -- apply now for the courses you need to be successful. The summer term is from June 1 through August 5, and the fall term is from August 16 through December 17. Apply now at CraftonHills.edu or ValleyCollege.edu.
- More Resources: Whether you'd like academic tutoring, counseling, food assistance, mental health support, we are here to support you. We are constantly adding resources to help you succeed, and the best way to find out about it all is by checking your student email or following SBCCD, Crafton Hills, or SBVC on social media.
- Employee Assistance Program: This confidential resource is available to our employees who would like support with legal or financial referrals, emotional wellbeing, parenting, and work-life balance. Learn more.
While we wish we were getting together in person sooner, we are gratified knowing that our shared sacrifices and actions today are saving lives.
Thank you for doing your part -- for yourself, your loved ones, and our community.
Jose F. Torres, Interim Chancellor
Dr. Kevin Horan, President
Diana Z. Rodriguez, President
Kristina Hannon, Vice Chancellor of Human Resources & Police Services
Angel Rodriguez, Senior Director of Marketing, Public Affairs & Government Relations