Additional information regarding V.A. benefits can be found by visiting the Department of Veterans Affairs Frequently Asked Questions page.


Am I eligible for Financial Aid?

All students are encouraged to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and contact the Crafton Hills College Financial Aid Office to determine eligibility.

Do I need to do anything if I am continuing from the previous semester?

YES, if you plan on continuing to use your G.I. Bill benefits for the next term, you must notify the V.A. Certifying official. You will be required to complete a Request for V.A. Benefits form. This form must be submitted each semester, after enrolling in your courses, if you plan to utilize your benefits.

Additional information can be found on the Getting Started Using G.I. Bill Benefits - Continuing Students page.

Does it matter what courses I take?

Yes. In order to maintain the benefits, you MUST be in courses that are directly related to your objective or degree. You must maintain a current V.A. Education Plan with the counseling department and provide a copy to the V.A. Certifying Official in the Admissions & Records Office.

How do I receive my benefit checks?

Chapters 35 benefit recipients will receive a check mailed to the home address or post office box on file with the V.A. All other chapters may elect to receive monies via direct deposit. To setup direct deposit, call 1-888-442-4551. If a bank account is not available the V.A. will mail a check to the home address or post office box on file with the V.A.

How does the Veterans Administration know what I am doing?

The personnel in the Admissions & Records / Veterans Services office will keep the Veterans Administration apprised of your status. However, it is imperative that you notify our office of any changes in your enrollment status, address, major, objective etc. in a timely manner. You may do so by visiting the Admissions & Records office, contacting us by telephone 909-389-3256 or by email at

What do I need to bring with me to start using G.I. Bill benefits?

Additional information can be found on the Getting Started Using G.I. Bill Benefits page.

What happens if I fail a class?

You will be contacted by mail to determine whether your “F” is due to a lack of attendance or the inability to complete the coursework up to passing standards. If the “F” was given for attendance reasons, you will be required to notify the Crafton Hills College Veterans Services personnel of your last date of attendance which will be reported to the Veterans Administration. This may result in an over-payment.

Students are urged to take advantage of tutorial assistance as soon as academic difficulties begin.

Note: You may not claim benefits for a course in which you have received two substandard grades.