Students transferring from another institution who are the spouse of a veteran must complete the following steps to begin receiving GI Bill® benefits at CHC:

  • First-time students at CHC must submit an Application for Admission - Online. There is no fee for applying to the college.
  • Submit the following items to the V.A. Certifying Official in the Admissions & Records Office:
  • Once all required paperwork is submitted, you will receive clearance to make an appointment to meet with a counselor to complete a V.A. Educational Plan.
  • Register for classes according to your Education Plan.
  • PAY ALL FEES due at the time they occur.
  • Submit the Request for V.A. Benefits form (available in the Admissions & Records Office, CCR-111) to the V.A. Certifying Official.
    • Note: This form must be submitted after registering for courses each term.