First-time students who are the spouse of a veteran must complete the following steps to begin receiving G.I. Bill benefits:
- Submit an Application for Admission - Online. There is no fee for applying to the college.
- Take the Assessment Test in the Counseling Office before meeting with a counselor.
- Submit an Application for V.A. Benefits online.
- Submit the following items to the V.A. Certifying Official in the Admissions & Records
- A printed copy of your completed Application for V.A. Benefits
- A copy of your marriage certificate
- Official sealed transcripts from any other institutions attended
- Once all required paperwork is submitted, you will receive clearance to make an appointment to meet with a counselor to complete a V.A. Educational Plan.
- Register for classes according to your Education Plan.
- PAY ALL FEES due at the time they occur.
- Submit the Request for V.A. Benefits form (available in the Admissions & Records Office, CCR-111) to the V.A. Certifying
- Note: This form must be submitted after registering for courses each term.