Crafton Hills College may admit high school students who are capable of benefiting from advanced scholastic courses and are seeking educational opportunities not otherwise available to them.
To be eligible, students must have:
- The recommendation of their high school principal or counselor.
- The consent of a parent or guardian if student is under age 18.
- Demonstrated adequate preparation in the discipline to be studied.
- A cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher on high school transcripts.
Students who meet the eligibility requirements must submit the following:
(The forms listed below are also available as a packet in the Admissions & Records Office.)
- Submit CHC Application for Admission online.
Note: High School Dual Enrollment students must submit a new application every term.
- Completed and signed High School Dual Enrollment form (pdf).
- Completed Minors Consent for Medical Treatment and/or Counseling form (pdf).
- Official high school transcripts in a sealed envelope.
Note: Official transcripts must bear the official signature and/or seal of the originating institution and must be sealed in an envelope by the originating institution. Opened transcripts are considered unofficial and will not be accepted.
All applications will be reviewed by the Dean of Student Services and Student Development or a designee. Upon approval, students may register for approved classes beginning at open registration. Course changes or enrollment in a course without prior approval will result in an administrative withdrawal without refund.
Crafton Hills College may restrict the admission and enrollment of high school students during any session based on age, completion of a specific grade level, regulation or demonstrated eligibility for instruction based on the college's assessment methods and procedures. All high school students enrolling in college courses must have a release of liability and the maturity to function effectively on a college campus.
Are you a Redlands or Yucaipa student? Check out Jump Start 2 College.