Why choose this program?There are few careers that offer good pay, prestige, professionalism, job satisfaction, the chance to be creative and constantly learn, and the opportunity for career advancement. Engineering covers all of those. It is one of the most popular and potentially profitable college academic programs. Add to that, engineers are frequently in high demand. See if you’re cut out for a career in engineering.
What will I experience?
- Study of the history of engineering, engineering disciplines and related fields.
- Gain the information, skills, and training to succeed in various engineering and support areas.
- Learn the standards of professional engineering practice, including communication, ethics and safety.
- Understand mechanical engineering design and drafting.
- Demonstrate proficiency in three-dimensional engineering design software.
What opportunities might it lead to?
An engineering-based education provides exposure to various technical subjects and skill sets and can lead to further study and a career in the field of engineering. It is also an excellent foundation for transfer to a four-year university as an engineering major.
Career opportunities include:
There is perhaps no other career that spans so many areas. There are engineers in agriculture, aerospace, business, entertainment, science, healthcare and manufacturing. There are industrial engineers, mechanical engineers, chemical engineers, civil engineers, electrical engineers, environmental engineers and many more
- Industrial engineer
- Mechanical engineer
- Chemical engineer
- Civil engineer
- Electrical engineer
- Environmental engineer
- Agricultural engineer
- Computer engineer
- Biomedical engineer
Explore Careers and Opportunities