Why choose this program?
An Associate of Science in Multimedia will prepare students to either transfer to a four-year degree program or to secure an entry level position in a Creative Industry. Students will learn how to use industry relevant computer software to develop designs that communicate ideas, inspire, inform, and captivate consumers. The degrees and certificates offered in the Multimedia program provide students currently working in similar professions with additional skills and qualifications.
What will I experience?
- Computer design and production
- Drawing or illustration
- Creating digital images for the purpose of animation
- Creating artwork to be used in video games
- Creating animated sequences using computer software
- Design and develop digital animations, presentations, games, audio and video clips
- Internet applications using multimedia software, tools and utilities
- Software, theory, and principles of 3D animation
- Knowledge of modeling, lighting, rendering, and animation of 3D subjects
- Web content development.
- Develop and animate 2D and 3D characters and other objects used in animations and in games
What oppotunities might it lead to?
A career in multimedia involves audio, digital, print and/or video production. Job opportunities include web designing, computer games designing, advertising graphics, animation and new media. Video editors, web designers, and illustrators all work in the multimedia field. Multimedia developers can also work as flash developers, network engineers, publishers, graphic artists, sound experts, animators, authors/content providers, project managers and picture researchers. Advertising promotion also allows for the creative side of the degree in utilizing media material to promote events or sell products. One can work as freelancer
Explore Careers and Opportunities