Prepare for employment in entry-level positions in the field of Computer Information Systems by learning different aspects of information technology, including programming, hardware, networking, databases and Web design.
What will I experience?
By successfully earning this certificate, you will be able to:
- Apply analytical and logical thinking to gathering and analyzing information, designing and testing solutions to problems, and formulating plans
- Discuss the impact of information technology on society and the workplace
- Select and evaluate appropriate written communication strategies and styles for a specific purpose
- Demonstrate knowledge of individual parts that make up a stand-alone PC computer system, and the relationships between components
- Create and maintain Web pages
- Demonstrate an understanding of the overall design and components of a LAN and WAN system
2016-2017 Major Sheet - Certificate (pdf)
Please see the College Catalog for additional information and requirements.