This certificate program prepares you to take the Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) examination, which qualifies you for entry-level employment in the computer-networking field – specifically in the small office and/or home office market. The CCNA Certificate demonstrates your ability to work in small businesses or organizations using networks that have fewer than 100 nodes.
What will I experience?
By successfully earning this certificate, you will be trained to:
- Install and configure Cisco switches and routers in multiprotocol internetworking using LAN and WAN interfaces
- Provide Level 1 troubleshooting service
- Improve network performance and security in home and small office settings
- Perform entry-level tasks in the planning, design, installation, operations, and troubleshooting of Ethernet and TCP/IP networks.
- Install, configure, operate and troubleshoot simple switched Local Area, simple-routed Wide Area Networks
- Install and configure a router, manage router IOS software, configure routing protocols, and create access lists controlling router access
What opportunities might it lead to?
Entry-level employment in the small office and/or home office market2017-2018 Major Sheet - Certificate (pdf)
2016-2017 Major Sheet - Certificate (pdf)
Please see the College Catalog for additional information and requirements.