Why choose this program?
Accounting provides you with the information and experience to make educated decisions in all of your endeavors. Most businesses and organizations depend on in-house or contracted accountants (or both) to measure performance and provide financial information and forecasts. Learn the rules and language that govern business. After all, money talks.
What will I experience?
- Learn how to use, interpret, prepare and present financial statements that can be used to assist business planning and decision-making.
- Understand and apply financial analysis techniques.
- Examine the principles and procedures of federal and state income taxation
- Learn how to properly prepare tax returns
- Study costing systems, cost behavior and analysis, budgeting and performance evaluation.
What opportunities might it lead to?
An education in accounting can lead to a position preparing financial statements,
balance sheets and tax returns at an accounting/CPA firm, small business, large corporation,
financial institution, government agency or any number of organizations. This is also
the foundation for four-year college studies in accounting.
Career opportunities include:
- Business Consultant
- Financial Manager, Officer
- Personal Financial Adviser
- Tax Collector
- Tax Examiner
- Tax Preparer
Explore Careers and Opportunities