Why choose this program?
The concept of a global society has never been more spot-on than it is today. Organizations are looking for employees who can comprehend the differences that have historically set social groups apart from one another, and those who can develop a strong capacity for intellectual open-mindedness, tolerance and multicultural relationships. Our program can prepare you for greater cultural awareness and diverse employment opportunities.
What will I experience?
- Learn how different cultures interact to shape individual identities and structure our society.
- Develop greater awareness, knowledge and skills in issues of race, social class, gender, ability, sexual orientation and other social and cultural differences.
- Examine the impacts of relationships and distinctions in class, ethnicity, gender, language, race, religion and sexual orientation.
- Learn to teach adults and children who are mastering a second language or do not speak English in the home.
What opportunities might it lead to?
An education in multicultural studies can lead to a career in a variety of fields
where teaching, translating or interpreting are essential. Coursework in this area
is also an excellent foundation for transfer to a four-year university in multicultural
studies, ethnic studies and related fields such as liberal studies, education and
Career opportunities include:
Individuals who study multicultural studies often work in the following professions:
- Literacy Teacher
- Kindergarten Teacher
- Elementary School Teacher
- Middle School Teacher
- Secondary School Teacher
- Foreign language proofreader
- Teaching assistant
- Cultural events coordinator
- Travel agent
- Immigration officer
Explore Careers and Opportunities