It is the mission of the Child Development Center (CDC) at Crafton Hills College (CHC) to provide an exemplary childcare program to the students, staff, faculty, and surrounding community of CHC. We strive to provide high quality childcare to children ages 3 years to 5 years old in a nurturing, developmentally-appropriate learning environment. We aim to recognize individual strengths and support the positive growth of children and families regardless of race, ethnicity, gender or developmental level. We also serve as a hands-on learning center for college students, and as a model and educational resource for our campus and for the community at large.
As the staff of Crafton Hills College Child Development Center, our vision is:
- To offer the highest quality, state-of-the-art environment for children in a model school, with an excellent curriculum, making us the first choice for Early Childhood Education in our area;
- To celebrate and honor all children and families, giving them peace of mind, joy, and a place for support and interaction;
- To be an active part of our community as an advocate for children;
- To put children first by working together as a team, with a positive attitude, open to growth and new ideas;
- To work side by side with all for the benefit of children.