Crafton Hills College is now accepting applications for its 80th Fire Academy, which begins with a cadet orientation on January 24, 2014.
The CHC Fire Academy is an extremely intensified training program with heavy emphasis on personal safety through self-discipline, teamwork and skills development. The 16-unit Academy is completed in 13 weeks and will be conducted at the CAL FIRE Headquarters Facility at 3800 N. Sierra Way in North San Bernardino. As a bonus, cadets who complete the Academy will not only meet the State Fire Marshal’s Basic Skill requirements for Firefighter I Certification, but also receive CAL FIRE Basic Wildland Firefighter Certification.
Applicants must have the following prerequisites:
- Completion of FIRET 100 (Fire Protection Organization) or equivalent.
- Completion of FIRET 101 (Fire Prevention Technology) or equivalent.
- Current copy of EMT Certification.
- Completed medical clearance for firefighters.
- Physical Abilities Test (C-PAT or Biddle) certificate taken after September 1, 2013.
- Completion of the Crafton Hills College placement tests or a college degree.
Once an application is received, an interview with the Fire Academy Chief will be scheduled.
For more information on this premiere Fire Academy or to access the application, go to www.craftonhills.edu/fireacademy or call 909-389-3408. Applications will be accepted through January 10, 2014.