Procedure to be approved to teach online
Toward the goal of ensuring the effectiveness of our distributed education program, Crafton Hills College has adopted a process for the certification of faculty to teach in the online environment. Instructors interested in teaching online/hybrid courses should:
- Complete an Intent to Teach form. On this form, the instructor should document their training, professional development and experience which has prepared them to teach online. This form should be returned to your faculty chair.
- The ETC committee member responsible for step 2 will contact you with instructions for completing step 2. You will be required to complete an online readiness quiz and a hands-on skills demonstration.
- The third step of the approval process involves an evaluation, by the members of the ETC of no less than two weeks of online content, developed by the instructor for a course within the discipline in which the instruction will be teaching online. This can be done in a current Bb course or you can request a developmental shell for this purpose. A checklist of the criteria by which the course material is evaluated is posted on this site. When complete this form must be forwarded to the ETC chair.
NOTE: No instructor will be scheduled to teach an online course until:
- The DE Addendum of the course has been approved.
- The instructor has been certified to teach online by the ETC and has been notified by the ETC chair the date certification was conferred.
An updated list of approved courses and instructors is available on the ETC website.