The Firefighter I Basic Training Academy Certificate provides students with the skills required for Firefighter I Certification and to develop teamwork, attitudes and public service commitment.
The Firefighter I Basic Training Academy is approved by the California State Fire Marshal's Office as an accredited Regional Training Center. In conjunction with CAL FIRE, students completing the Crafton Hills Fire Academy will also earn a CAL FIRE Basic Wildland Fire Fighting Certification. (Formally known as the “67 Hour Academy”).
A student receiving a certificate in this field will be able to:
- Participate successfully in a culturally diverse environment
- Develop effective interpersonal communication skills
- Solve problems and makes decisions inherent to the profession
Completion of this certificate may lead to entry-level employment as a firefighter in the public or private sectors.
Fire Academy Application for Spring 2015 (pdf)
Applications are available at the Dean of Career and Technical Education Secretary’s office in LADM-300D, Mary Bender, 909-389-3344, Monday-Thursday, 8 am – 4 pm.
• Applications and documentation may be submitted via email to email@example.com or call 951-972-7878 (Cell) or 909 389-3418 (Office) to schedule an appointment with Chief Alder to turn in your application in person.
• If you have any questions, call or email Chief Alder at 951-972-7878 (Cell) or 909 389-3418 (Office), firstname.lastname@example.org.
If applications are incomplete for any reason, attach a written statement with the reason why and when the missing documentation will be resolved and sent in. (Such as CPAT Certification, transcripts, etc.).
Deadline for Spring 2015 applications is January 7, 2015, 4:00 p.m.