The objective of this certificate is to train students to perform basic life support in the pre-hospital setting. Successful completion of the certificate identifies the student has met the educational requirements as an Emergency Medical Technician. The certificate prepares students to take the National Registry examinations necessary for state certification.
A student receiving a certificate in this field will be able to work with a Fire agency or ambulance company to:
- Evaluate, treat and transport the ill and injured
- Effectively use adjunctive airway breathing aids
- Demonstrate competency in assessing and treating patients with medical or trauma emergencies at a basic level at an EMT level.
- Participate in a culturally diverse environment
- Reading 078X2 or reading competency as demonstrated by successful completion of ENGL 101 or ENGL 101H or eligibility for READ 100 as determined through the Crafton Hills College Assessment process.
- Must be 18 years old at time of registration.
- 16 week course - class meets one day per week from 9am - 6pm
- 200 hours
Lead Instructor: Gary Reese (Wednesday class)
Instructor: Dr. Jim Holbrook (Monday class)
Instructor: Karl Nicholson (Friday class)
Department Secretary: Naomi Lara
Please see the College Catalog for information and requirements.
Course Listing / Semester Course Offerings
- Bishop, Robin E
- Commander, John Vincent
- Crow, Kathryn E
- Gradias, Benjamin J
- Holbrook, James R
- Molloy, David J
- Nicholson, Karl D
- Nunn, Steve A
- Reese, Gary L
- Stone, Harry N
- Verosik, Eileen M
- Word, Daniel
- Yamashiro, Sabrina C
ICEMA - Inland Counties Emergency Management Agency
NREMT National Registry
California License Exam Passage Rates
As of January 2013, the National Registry currently does not provide this information to the public.
Gainful Employment Disclosure Information
2012-2013 On-time Completion Rates and Estimated Cost of Program (pdf)
2011-2012 On-time Completion Rates and Estimated Cost of Program (pdf)
2010-2011 On-time Completion Rates and Estimated Cost of Program (pdf)
2009-2010 On-time Completion Rates and Estimated Cost of Program (pdf)