Gain the knowledge and skills necessary to work as a site supervisor in an early childhood education/early learning program.
A student receiving a certificate in this field will be able to:
- Qualify to work as a site supervisor in private preschool programs
- Qualify to work as a director in private programs
- Qualify to work in a funded programs as a site supervisor when adding General Education
- Design, implement and evaluate environments that support positive, developmental play and learning
- Design, implement and evaluate activities that support positive developmental plan and learning outcomes for young children
- Develop strategies that promote partnerships between programs, families and community
- Apply ethical standards and professional behaviors that deepen understanding, knowledge and commitment to the Child Development profession
What opportunities might it lead to?
The Site Supervisor Certificate qualifies recipients to supervise an entire program at one early childhood education program site. Further education and work experience can lead toward additional career opportunities.
Please see the College Catalog
for additional information and requirements.