This Associate of Arts Degree is a preparatory program to teach in an Early Learning Environment such as Preschool. This degree can also assist elementary school teachers preparing for work in primary and intermediate grades.
A student receiving a degree in this field will be able to:
Major Sheet - AA
- Integrate understanding of the needs, the characteristics and multiple influences on development of children birth to age eight as related to high-quality care and education of young children
- Design, implement and evaluate environments and activities that support positive, development all play and learning outcomes for all young children
- Apply effective guidance and interaction strategies that support all children's social learning, identity and self-confidence
- Develop strategies that promote partnerships between programs, teachers, families and their communities
- Demonstrate ethical standards and professional behaviors that deepen understanding, knowledge and commitment to the EC/CD profession
Please see the College Catalog for information and requirements.
Course Listing / Semester Course Offerings