The objective of this certificate is to provide students the knowledge and skills necessary for employment in entry-level positions in the field of Programming or to continue to pursue a four-year degree in Computer Information Systems or Computer Science. The Programming Certificate indicates the student has acquired knowledge of various programming languages including basic language structures, syntax, debugging, and application development.
A student receiving a certificate in this field will be able to:
- Demonstrate the ability to write, compile, debug and execute well engineered and maintainable computer
programs using a variety of programming languages that effectively meet the application requirements
- Demonstrate the ability to develop and apply systematic debugging and testing processes
- Demonstrate the ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Demonstrate the ability to explain and apply the necessary processes, tools and skills used in application development
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively in technical and business environments
Please see the College Catalog for information and requirements.
Course Listing / Semester Course Offerings
Gainful Employment Disclosure Information
2011-2012 On-time Completion Rates and Estimated Cost of Program (pdf)
2010-2011 On-time Completion Rates and Estimated Cost of Program (pdf)
2009-2010 On-time Completion Rates and Estimated Cost of Program (pdf)