The objective of this certificate is to provide students the knowledge and skills necessary to prepare for the Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) Certification Examination. Satisfactory passing of the examination will lead to employment in entry-level positions in the small office and/or home office (SOHO) market. The CCNA Certificate indicates the ability to work in small businesses or organizations using networks that have fewer than 100 nodes. The certificate holder is able to install and configure Cisco switches and routers in multiprotocol internetworking using LAN and WAN interfaces, can provide Level 1 troubleshooting service, can improve network performance and security and can perform entry-level tasks in the planning, design, installation, operations, and troubleshooting of Ethernet and TCP/IP networks.
A student receiving a certificate in this field will be able to:
- Work collaboratively on a team project
- Effectively listen and ask critical questions to identify customer requests, issues and concerns
- Apply analytical and logical thinking to gathering and analyzing information, designing and testing solutions to problems, and formulating plans
- Install, configure, operate and troubleshoot simple switched Local Area, simple-routed Wide Area Networks
- Install, configure a router, manage router IOS software, configure routing protocols, and create access lists controlling router access
- Complete a comprehensive case study incorporating single-are OSPF, RIPv2, static routes, VLANS and 802.q trunking, Frame Relay, VLSM, DHCP, NAT and access control lists on the appropriate routers and interfaces
2009-2010 On-time Completion Rates and Estimated Cost of Program
Please see the College Catalog for information and requirements.
Course Listing / Semester Course Offerings
Gainful Employment Disclosure Information
2011-2012 On-time Completion Rates and Estimated Cost of Program (pdf)
2010-2011 On-time Completion Rates and Estimated Cost of Program (pdf)
2009-2010 On-time Completion Rates and Estimated Cost of Program (pdf)