CHC 2016-2017 Scholarship Application Overview:
Below is a summary of the 2016-2017 online scholarship application. Please review each section BEFORE you begin the application form.
Please note: No student formally disciplined for academic dishonesty is eligible to receive scholarships
- STUDENT INFORMATION : In this section a window will appear with your current student information. You will need to correct (if needed) and complete the general information.
- SCHOLARSHIP QUESTIONNAIRE : You will be asked an extensive list of questions. Every question refers to eligibility factors of one or more of the CHC scholarships. You may answer as many or as few questions as you like; however, incomplete answers may greatly reduce the number of scholarships for which you may be eligible.
- STUDENT ESSAY : You will be asked to write a 550-600 word single spaced essay. Prior to completing your application online, it is recommended that you write your essay and store it on a flash drive or some other form of digital storage, which you then have the option to Cut and Paste your essay to the application.
If you go beyond the count of 600 words or do not single space on your essay, it will be cut at 50 lines and you may not have included pertinent information.
Please consider taking your essay to the Writing Center on the 1st floor of the LRC, and utilizing the writing services they provide.
- SCHOLARSHIP ELIGIBILITY & AGREEMENT: In this section, you will be asked to sign (check the box) statements like the following:
- The submitted information is true.
- I understand that receiving a printed list of scholarships for which I may be eligible, does not guarantee I will be awarded a scholarship.
- SAVE or SUBMIT APPLICATION: You will be able to return to your application to complete the questions or your essay by selecting "SAVE/CLOSE" at the bottom of any of the sections.
After you select "SEND" you may return to verify the status of and read your scholarship application.
The deadline to submit your Online Scholarship Application is: Saturday, February 6th, 2016 at noon.
- Click "Next" to find out how to locate the CHC Online Scholarship Application.