Board of Governors (BOG) Fee Waiver Application

The BOG is funded by the State of California to waive in full the amount of enrollment fees (currently $46) to eligible students who are California residents. When you receive a BOG, you will still have a small balance that must be paid by midnight of the day you register.

You may be eligible for the BOG even if you are not eligible for other types of aid. We highly encourage you to apply for the BOG by completing a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). AB 540 students may apply by submitting the California Dream Act Application instead of FAFSA, or by completing the BOG fee waiver application.

If you use the BOG fee waiver application, please attach your/your parent’s federal tax return to the application and take to the financial aid office at Crafton Hills College.

  • The BOG is not a cash award
  • The BOG fee waiver does not have to be paid back!
  • You must apply for the BOG once each school year. (includes: Summer, Fall, Spring)

The BOG Fee Waiver offers three ways for students to qualify to have their enrollment fees waived by the State:

  • Method "A" -- (documentation is required) -- Qualified applicants (or parents, if applicant is dependent) must be currently receiving TANF (Temporary Aid For Needy Families), SSI (Supplemental Security Income) or General Assistance/General Relief through the county Social Services Department.
  • Method "B" -- (documentation is required) --Qualified applicants (and parents, if applicant is dependent) do not exceed the income standards.
  • Method "C" -- Qualified applicants have filed the Free Application for Federal Student Aid, FAFSA, listing Crafton Hills College (Federal School Code 009272), and have unmet financial need.

If I paid for my classes already, will I get reimbursed if I apply for the fee waiver?

Yes, you must apply for a refund in the Financial Aid Office. Please check class schedule for important deadlines each semester.