EOP&S MUTUAL STUDENT RESPONSIBILITY CONTRACT
In order to be eligible for EOP&S each student must sign an EOP&S Mutual Student Responsibility Contract which states the following:
- I agree to follow my EOP&S counselor approved educational plan in order to make progress toward my academic goal.
- I agree to enroll in a minimum of 12 units each semester, (exception: DSPS students). I understand that prior to making any changes to my class schedule or educational plan, I must have approval from an EOP&S counselor, this includes dropping/withdrawing from any classes.
- I agree to meet with an EOP&S counselor a minimum of three (3) times a semester. I understand that these counselor appointments must be 30 days apart in order to follow my academic progress.
- I understand that I must maintain a minimum of 2.5 GPA or above. If I do not meet these standards, I agree to sign an EOP&S Academic Support Contract and meet with an EOP&S counselor five (5) times a semester. I understand that these counselor appointments for academic support must be at least three (3) weeks apart to monitor my academic progress.
- I agree to submit an EOP&S Mid Semester Progress Report on all the courses I am registered in after the ninth or tenth week of each semester that I am in the EOP&S Program.
- I agree to participate in any activities assigned by the EOP&S Program (i.e., assessment, tutoring, counseling, classes, workshops, etc.)
- I understand that to receive an EOP&S grant, I must complete an FAFSA application each year.
- I agree to respond in a timely manner to all notices and calls made to me by the EOP&S staff. I understand that if I am not able to attend my scheduled counseling appointment, I must notify the EOP&S Office and give 24 hour cancellation notice.
- I agree to notify the EOP&S Office of changes to my address, phone number, and personal status.
- I agree to use my EOP&S book grant to purchase books for my EOP&S counselor approved and actively enrolled classes.
- I understand that I am no longer eligible to receive services upon completing six consecutive semesters with EOP&S or upon accumulating 70 degree applicable units ( whichever comes first).
- If I am selected to be a participant in the CARE Program, I agree to attend CARE workshops presented by the CARE Program.
- I understand that I am provisionally accepted until my eligibility has been verified, I have completed an EOP&S Orientation and Educational Plan, and my file has been approved and signed off by the EOP&S Coordinator.
- I understand that failure to fulfill the provisions listed above may result in my being dropped from the EOP&S Program and/or lose all EOP&S services.