All refunds or exchanges require the original sales receipt.
Textbook refunds are given the 1st two weeks of the Fall/Spring semesters and the first week of Summer/Late Start Sessions. After these refund periods; All Textbook Sales Are Final.
Supplies have 3 days from the date of purchase to return. All supplies must be in their original unopened packaging to qualify for a refund/exchange. After the 3 day period; All Supply Sales Are Final.
- The following items are not refundable: catalogs, clearance items, food & beverages, gift cards, meds, medical supplies, Scantrons, special orders, and study aids.
- The Bookstore reserves the right to determine if an item is eligible for a refund/exchange. Defective supply items may only be exchanged, not refunded; the original unopened packaging and receipt are required.
Personal Check Policy
- Driver's License or State I.D. are required
- Checks must be imprinted with current address, written to CHC Bookstore for the amount of purchase only. Student I.D. and phone number are needed
- Two party checks are not accepted
- If using a parent's check, student must present photo I.D., students name entered on the memo line, check must be signed by parent and parent's I.D. information must be provided
- Check refunds must wait 5 working days from the date of the transaction to qualify for a cash refund.
A $25.00 service charge will apply to all returned checks.
Credit/Debit Card Policy
- Credit/Debit card holder must be present
- Photo ID required for all transactions
- If using a parent's credit card, card must be signed, a note of permission is required with student's name identified, student must present photo ID
Book Buyback Policy
- Book Buyback available the first and last week of the semester
- Books may be bought back at 50% of the new price or 50% of the used price if the textbook has been requested by the instructor for the upcoming semester and if the book is needed by the Bookstore.
- Books must be in good condition
- Books on the "Guarantee" Book Buyback program are bought back at 50% of the original price and must have the "Guarantee" sticker on the book
- A wholesaler manages the book buyback and may also buy back books up to 30% of the original price.
Financial Aid/Sponsor Programs
- Valid California State I.D. or valid California Driver's License required for all purchases made to these accounts.
- Student signature required to release merchandise.
- Original cash register receipt required for all returns.
- Returns must be brought back during the posted refund period.
- Sorry, no cash back! Refunds will be issued directly to the sponsor program.