Currently enrolled students who feel that their knowledge is equivalent to the course content of a currently approved course may apply for Credit by Examination. To do so, the following conditions must exist:
- The student must submit evidence of extensive background and/or experience in the subject area to the instructor of the course.
- The student must have completed twelve (12) or more units at Crafton Hills College or be a permanent employee of the San Bernardino Community College District.
- The student must be enrolled in the college during the semester in which the examination is taken.
- The student must not be enrolled in the course in which they will apply for Credit by Examination.
- The student must have the approval of a full-time instructor in the discipline.
- Foreign Language courses can only be challenged in sequence from lowest to highest level in order to receive proper credit. See a counselor for details.
To apply, the student must submit a fully completed and signed application for Credit by Examination for each course requested to the CHC Office of Instruction. Applications may be obtained in the Admissions & Records Office (SSA-213). In addition to paying the enrollment fee based on the number of units in the course that is being challenged, there is an additional processing fee of $20 that is applied to all Credit by Examination applications. No financial aid of any kind is available for credit by exam.